Summer is here! It’s perfect to take a sip with your cocktail while lying on the beach. Well, take advantage of the weather and mix your cocktail with a twist.
1. Strawberry Grapefruit Bourbon and Chamomile Brunch Punch
For the Chamomile Syrup:
- Combine 3 cups of water and 2 1/2 cups of sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to simmer, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add 8 Chamomile tea bags and stir.
- Cover and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and discard.
- Refrigerate until room temperature or chilled at least one hour.
For the punch:
- In a blender, combine 4 cups of grapefruit juice and 1/2 pint of strawberries, hulled and sliced.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large punch bowl.
- Add the Chamomile Syrup, 3 cups of Bourbon, and a few dashes of bitters.
- Add the rest of the Strawberry slices and ice for garnish.
2. Meyer Lemon Margarita
- Rim the glasses with a mixture of lemon zest, sugar, and salt.
- Fill the glasses with ice.
- In a cocktails shaker filled with ice, combine 2oz. of Tequilla, 1oz. of triple sec, 2oz. of lemon juice, and 1/2oz. of simple syrup.
- Shake well until chilled.
- Strain into prepared glasses and garnish with slices of Meyer lemon.
3. Melon Refresher
- Combine 4oz. cucumber vodka, 4 1-inch cubes of seedless watermelon and 2 diced limes in a cocktail shaker.
- Rim your glass with a slice of lime and garnish with equal parts of sugar, salt, and lime zest.
- Fill your glass with ice and pour in ingredients from the cocktail shaker.
- Top with cupcake vineyards prosecco and garnish with a slice of watermelon, cucumber, and mint. You can even add strawberries to the mix.
4. Peach Tea Ice Cream Float
- Fill your glass with peach ice cream (or sorbet or sherbet).
- Pour 1 1/2oz. vodka into the glass, then top with your favorite tea.
- Stir to combine.
5. Spicy Tomato Gin and Tonic
- In a small shallow dish, combine 2 tbsps. of salt, 1/2 tsp. of cayenne, and 1/2 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- Run a lime wedge on the rim of a cocktail glass and then dip into the seasoning mixture.
- Muddle together 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, juice from 1 lime, and 2 tbsps. of dill.
- Add a dash of each of Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce to the glass, and give it a stir.
- Top off with ice and pour 1oz. of gin in the glass with 2oz. of tonic water.
- Garnish with cucumber slice, serrano peppers, and lime wedges.
6. Strawberry Kiwi Frozen Mojito
- In a blender, combine 1 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries, 1/2 tbsp. of simple syrup, 4 mint leaves, a shot of rum, and 1 3/4 cups of crushed ice.
- If you have whole cubes, crush them in a blender first.
- Blend until well combined and slushy-like.
- Pour the strawberry mojito into three 8oz. glasses, filling just about halfway.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of chopped kiwi, 1 1/2 tbsp. of simple syrup, 4 mint leaves, a shot of rum, and 1 3/4 cups of crushed ice.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Then pour the kiwi mojito over the strawberry mojito.
- Garnish with kiwi, strawberry, and mint.
- Serve immediately.
7. Iced Tea Sangria
- Combine a vibrant white wine with freshly brewed iced tea and honey.
- Stir until the honey has completely dissolved, then serve with fresh fruits.
8. Matcha Lime Fizz
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar, and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the zest and juice of 3 limes.
- Stir and let it all steep for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Strain and chill down.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 3/4oz. of lime juice, 1 1/2oz. of gin, 3/4oz. of lime syrup, 1 tsp. matcha powder, 1/2oz. half and half, 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract, and 1 egg white.
- Seal and shake without ice for about 10 seconds.
- Open up the shaker and add 1 cup of ice.
- Seal and shake vigorously again for 10 seconds to chill.
- In the bottom of your glass, add a small splash of club soda and pour the cocktail through a strainer into your glass.
- You should have a foamy top. Slowly add a few more splashes of soda on top of the foam.
- The soda will make it rise and foam up more.
- Sprinkle matcha powder on top as a garnish.
9. Kahlua and Coke Ice Cream Float
- Put a single scoop of ice cream in a glass.
- Then add in a shot of Kahlua(give or take, depending on how strong you want it).
- Then pour the Coke slowly on top.
- Add a second scoop of ice cream if you want.
10. Strawberry Tangerine Dream Poptail
- Pair a strawberry or tangerine popsicle with a crisp wine for the kind of drink you’ll want to sip all summer.
11. Kombucha Mojitos
- Drop 4 lime wedges, 8 to 12 leaves of fresh mint, and 1 to 3 tbsps. of simple syrup or sugar into a tall glass.
- Using a muddler, muddle the ingredients together to release the juices.
- Fill about half the glass with ice and then add 2oz. of rum.
- Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Top the glass with a little more ice and then pour kombucha over and gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh mint and drink!
For the hibiscus syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring to boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the heat and add 1/4 cup of dried hibiscus.
- Allow the mixture to steep for 5 to 10 minutes and then strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer.
- Cool and use as desired. (If you made too much, just store the syrup in the fridge – it’ll keep for at least a week.
12. Coconut Lychee Colada
- Drain a 20oz. can of peeled lychees, reserving 1 tbsp. of the heavy syrup.
- Combine the lychees, syrup, 8oz. coconut milk, 4oz. coconut water, 2 1/2oz. of rum, and 5 to 6 large ice cubes in a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour over crushed ice or additional ice cubes, and garnish with lime wedges.
13. Paloma with Chili Lime Salt
- Mix together 1 tbsp. of sugar, 1 tbsp. of salt, 1/4 tsp. chili powder, and zest from one lime on a small plate.
- Run a wedge of lime around the top of two glasses and dip them in the salt blend; fill with crushed ice.
- Mix 1 cup of grapefruit juice, 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice, 4oz. of tequilla, and 1 tbsp. of sugar until well mixed.
- Pour over crushed ice and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with grapefruit and lime.
14. Watermelon Piña Colada
- Combine 3oz. of pineapple juice, 2oz. of white rum, 1oz. coconut milk, 2 to 3 cubes of watermelon, and 1 cup of ice in a blender, and puree until thoroughly liquefied. You may need to add more watermelon to get the right blush-pink color.
- Garnish with fresh fruit and serve immediately.