Most people are busy with work, family, and other stuff and don’t have to prepare and cook meals. They just want something that could just be prepared for a short period of time. So here are 6 recipes of three-ingredient vegan recipes that you’ll surely love!
1. Vegan Waffles
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Simply place all 3 ingredients in a blender and blend until the batter is well incorporated.
- Preheat your waffle iron and let the waffle batter thicken until the iron is ready.
- Cook the waffles according to your iron’s instructions. We get 2-3 waffles using this recipe, depending on how full we fill the iron, but you may get less or more as waffle iron sizes differ.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Our go-to is maple syrup, banana, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries.
2. Vegan Pancakes
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats or oat flour
- 2 cup almond milk
- 2 spotty bananas
- Place oats in a high-speed blender and process until a flour is reached.
- Add in the remaining ingredients until a batter is formed.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium and pour 1/3 cup of batter, using a measuring cup to ensure equal size and cooking times.
- Allow the pancake to cook until bubbles appear around the edges, then flip and cook until golden.
- Add toppings and maple syrup of your choice
3. Avocado Kale Salad
- 1 medium bunch kale (any type), stemmed and shredded
- 1 avocado, pitted and flesh removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- In a mixing bowl add the kale, avocado and lemon juice. With your hands, press to cream the avocado until thoroughly mixed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with other ingredients you’d like to add or enjoy as is!
5. Vegan Gnocchi
- 6 medium Russet potatoes
- 3 cups Kamut flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Poke your potatoes with a fork and place on a large baking sheet. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a knife can be inserted into the middle of the potato easily.
- Slice the potatoes down the middle lengthwise and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- With a clean kitchen towel, grab hold of one of the potatoes and scoop the flesh out. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Pass your potato flesh through a potato ricer and place it all on a clean surface in your kitchen (the counter, the table, etc.).
- Gently spread out the potatoes on your surface and start sprinkling the flour on top, about a cup at a time. Cut the flour into the potatoes with a large spatula. Once the flour is absorbed, add another cup of flour, repeat and add ½ cup of flour and cut it in, as well. If you need the final ½ cup flour, add it, and cut it in. If you don’t need it, just leave it out. You should be able to form the dough into a large disk.
- Dust with flour and then wrap your disk in plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Cut a chunk of the dough off of the disk and roll it until it is about ½ inch thick. Cut the roll into 1-inch pieces. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add 1 tsp salt, then add a bunch of the gnocchi (do this in batches – don’t overcrowd them or they won’t cook properly). They should sink to the bottom and then float to the top when they are done (about 2-3 minutes).
- Serve with marinara, vegan parmesan cheese, and fresh basil or parsley.
6. Vegan Potato Galette
- 4 lbs russet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into ⅛ inch rounds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of chopped herbs like parsley, rosemary, chives, and thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF
- Rinse sliced potatoes with cold water and then pat dry to remove any excess moisture. Sprinkle the potatoes with ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Brush a nonstick 9-10 inch skillet thoroughly with a bit of olive oil and begin layering potatoes in a spiral shape. In between each layer, brush olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and herbs. Reserving some herbs for after the galette comes out of the oven.
- Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes. The top should be crisp and brown and the insides should be soft and almost creamy.
- You can either serve it straight from the pan or invert it onto a plate. With either method, sprinkle the top of the galette with remaining herbs and serve piping hot.
If these recipes didn’t make you hungry or crave, well, don’t know what will. Try these easy healthy recipes and see which would be your favourite!