Just because you’re trying to eat healthy– or vegan, it doesn’t mean that your meals should be boring. In fact, there are a lot of creative and very delicious options that you can create for dinner. Say goodbye to plain old salads! Never again will you be eating plain meals, because I have extra yummy and extra mouth-watering recipes that will surely make dinner more exciting. Feel free to Instagram your Instaworthy creations!
Grilled Asparagus and Shiitake Tacos
3 tbsp. canola oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed with press
1 tsp. ground chipotle chile
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded
1 bunch green onions, trimmed
8 corn tortillas, warmed
1 c. homemade or prepared guacamole
Hot sauce, for serving.
- Heat grill on medium. In a large baking dish, combine oil, garlic, chipotle, and salt. Add asparagus, shiitakes, and green onions; toss to coat.
- Grill asparagus until tender and lightly charred, turning occasionally; 5 to 6 minutes. Grill shiitakes and green onions until lightly charred, turning occasionally; 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to cutting board.
- Cut asparagus and green onions into 2″ lengths and sliced shiitakes.
- Serve with corn tortillas, guacamole, lime wedges, cilantro, and hot sauce.
Thai Peanut Sweet Potato Bowl
4 cups sweet potato (peeled & small dice)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
¼ cup olive oil
2 tsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 cup cooked quinoa
½ cup carrots (shredded)
¼ cup fresh cilantro
¼ cup peanuts (chopped)
1 ½ cups coconut milk
1 cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup Thai red curry paste
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss the sweet potatoes and garlic with the olive oil, rosemary, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Spread into an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the peanut sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a large blender or food processor.
- If you don’t already have cooked quinoa available, this would be a great time to cook up the quinoa.
- Once the potatoes come out of the oven, distribute the roasted sweet potatoes, quinoa, carrots, cilantro and peanuts between two bowls. Drizzle the peanut sauce over the bowls.
Peanut Butter Acai Bowl
2 frozen Acai Berry Packs
1 cup coconut milk or your favorite milk
2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
2 super ripe bananas
2 tablespoons nut butter I used peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey + more for serving
seeds, berries/stone fruits, edible flowers and nut butter, for topping.
- Run the frozen acai berry packs under hot water and then squeeze them out into a blender. To the blender, add the coconut milk, berries, bananas, honey, nut butter, and vanilla. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl. Top with your desired toppings. I went with [homemade granola, cherries, berries, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, a spoonful of peanut butter butter and a drizzle of honey.
If this doesn’t make dinner twice as exciting, I don’t know what will. These are very delicious meals that have a preparation time of fewer than 20 minutes. Sounds quick, right? Not only are these meals tasty, they’re very easy to do even during busy days.