Blessed are those who have no puffy eye bags or dark circles under their eyes. Those bags and panda eyes are the only thing in this world that seems to be permanent and stick with you forever–and that sucks big time. However, we might have found a natural way to “de-puff” those bags. It’s nothing like botox though! Don’t get us wrong. It’s just a quick remedy that can reduce those cursed bags when you can’t afford to look too tired because you have a party or an important event to go to. Or simply, when you’ve had quite a lot of colleagues asking you if you’re stressed or if you haven’t been sleeping at all. You can do this once or twice every week, like a pick-me-up when your bags look too heavy!
Green Tea has been one of our all-time favorites. Plus, it is one of Mother Nature’s miracle cure. It is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids that are anti-aging, repairs skin, and soothes irritated skin. As Green Tea ice cubes, it can boost the blood circulation underneath your eyes and drain the fluid that causes the puffiness. However, it’s good to remember that you should not rub the Green Tea ice cubes on your undereye area. The skin there is very delicate so be careful about putting any pressure. Just pat it gently against the area but don’t leave it on for too long. Without further ado, here’s the recipe!
4 green tea bags
2 cups of water
1 ice tray
- Pour 2 cups of water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat. Place 4 green tea bags into the hot water. Let steep for 5 minutes, then remove the tea bags. If you have fresh Green Tea leaves, you can add this too!
- Wait for the tea mixture to cool. Then, pour into an ice tray.
- Place the tray in your freezer and leave overnight.
- To use, pop out an ice cube and wrap it in any clean cloth. Gently dab underneath your eyes.