I’ve been constantly reminding all of you to ditch coffee during my previous posts. Again, why? Ditching coffee in your life has been proven to improve sleep quality and reduce anxiety. However, most of you fail to do this because it’s such an important part of your morning routine to be sipping that cup of coffee to wake your senses up. I’ve written a couple of coffee alternatives before, but I found extra delicious alternatives a couple of days back and I want to share it with you again. If you want something that’s not plain, but rather extra and Starbuck’s like– without too much caffeine, these are great coffee alternatives that you will definitely enjoy.
Cashew Matcha Latte With Cashew
If you combine matcha powder with maple syrup and cashew, you can get a subtle caffeine buzz.
1 cup Pacific Foods Unsweetened Cashew Original Plant-Based Beverage
1 teaspoon matcha powder
1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- For a hot matcha, in a small saucepan, heat cashew beverage over a medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Whisk in the matcha powder until dissolved and bright green.
- Whisk in the maple and cinnamon if using and serve.
- For an iced matcha, combine all ingredients in a blender until everything is well-combined. Pour over ice to serve.
Mushroom Hot Cacao With Organic Coconut
This recipe can help for focus, energy and stress reduction.
1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Coconut Original Plant-Based Beverage
1 heaped teaspoon of cacao or cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of a blend of medicinal mushroom powder (ideally, it should include reishi, cordyceps, lion’s mane)
1 large Medjool date, pitted
Pinch of sea salt
- Combine ingredients in a high-powered blender until powders are well-combined and the dates are completely pureed.
- Heat in a saucepan over a medium-low heat until heated through.
Chai Latte With Organic Oats
A blend of warming spices and black tea make this drink a favorite for those looking to cut back on added sugar.
1 black tea bag (English breakfast tea works great)
1 cup boiling water
½ cup Pacific Foods Organic Oat Original Plant-Based Beverage
1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
¼ teaspoon each cinnamon and cardamom
- Brew black tea first (can be made ahead) by pouring the boiling water over the tea bag in a mug and letting that brew for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the tea bag.
- For an iced chai, combine ingredients in a blender and serve over ice.
- For hot, whisk together ingredients in a saucepan over a medium-low heat until spices are infused into the oat beverage and tea mixture.