I’ll be honest. I drool at the sight of maple-drizzled, chocolate-oozing, deliciously soft and fluffy, heavenly pancakes. I mean who doesn’t, right? Since I’m a hardcore vegan, I’ve looked and tried countless recipes for making the perfect pancake. But opting out the floor from pancakes, in my opinion, just takes away from the very essence of how pancakes are meant to be tasted.
But then I came across this delicious recipe from AllRecipes and the result was so good, that I sneak in on a couple few at every possible chance that I get, without having to worry about clogging up my system with gluten.
In their words:
”This vegan pancake recipe is the best of the vegan lot. The secret that these pancakes are not soggy like the other vegans ones is that it uses custard powder. This ensures the pancakes are cake-like and taste and look exactly like non-vegan pancakes. Mix fruit into the batter if you like. Serve hot with syrup or jam.”
Now low and behold, the lip-smacking recipe.
Ingredients (For 4 servings)
- 4 cups coconut meal (my own twist)
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated brown sugar (or artificial sweetener)
- 2 cups soy milk
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and custard powder. Mix in the soy milk with a whisk so there are no lumps.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat, and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon batter onto the surface, and cook until bubbles begin to form on the surface. Flip with a spatula and cook on the other side until golden.
Do you know of other delicious recipes? Please share away then 🙂