This is a delicious, fuss-free, quick recipe that I found from healthyblenderrecipes.com. The results were soo good, even my non-vegan sister swore that she’s ready to replace her good-old mac n cheese with my vegan one.
Here’s the awesome recipe:
Vegan Gluten Free Mac N Cheese
- 8 oz / 227gms gluten free quinoa pasta elbows or other gluten free pasta
- 1 cup soy milk, rice milk or almond milk
- 2 cups steamed cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast or more to taste
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp roasted smashed garlic
- 1 tsp raw finely chopped garlic (**optional – see note in post)
- 1/2 tsp dried granulated onion powder
- ¾ tsp Celtic sea salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- season with pepper and salt
- 3 cups sautéed mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh continental flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp wheat free tamari
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp minced dried onions
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta for about 5 minutes until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking throw all of the sauce ingredients into your Vitamix and puree until smooth and creamy.
- **If you have a Vitamix, you can just blend until the sauce is piping hot in just a few minutes.
- While the sauce is blending, saute the sliced mushrooms in a tiny bit of olive oil and 1 Tbsp wheat free tamari until nice and tender.
- Drain the pasta.
- Place the pasta back into the post, pour the sauce over, and toss with the mushrooms, parsley and spring onions until well combined.
- To serve top with parsley, spring onions and dried minced onions. YUMMO!
- Serves 2 – 4
Isn’t it mouth-watering or what?