Things are all going great. You exercise everyday, you are religiously keeping away from fried food and you try and maintain a balanced diet.
But you notice you are having hair loss, or you discover symptoms like fatigue or peeling nails.
This undoubtedly calls for a visit to the doctor, but this also strongly implies that you might be low on what your body needs.
Consider multivitamins a must if you notice symptoms such as:
- You have been diagnosed with an illness of any kind.
- You are having symptoms such as fatigue, brain fog, hair loss, peeling nails, or bumpy skin on the back of your arms, to name just a few. Or you have symptoms your doctor can’t figure out.
- You’ve been a vegan or vegetarian for many years and might be low in B12 and zinc.
- You don’t eat many fruit and vegetables.
- You’ve had a lot of stress for a long time. If so, your body needs more Bs and minerals than usual, since stress causes you to burn through these nutrients quickly.
- You have digestive issues, or if you’re taking an antacid or proton pump inhibitor, you might not be absorbing your vitamins very well, and therefore need to supplement with higher amounts to get them into your body.
- You are hypothyroid, and you have a higher need for the minerals zinc, selenium, and maybe iodine.
Of course, it’s impossible to list all the conditions that indicate you may need more vitamins, but to help you figure this out, consider seeing a functional Medicine doctor who can look do specialized testing.